Office for Students
Did you know students can download Office 365 Professional Plus (ProPlus) for your Windows PC or Mac free from the University? That’s right, FREE! Here’s how!
- Before you begin, please note:
- The Office download and install can take over an hour; make sure you have time to finish so the install completes.
- Be sure to start this process on the computer you want to install Office on. It’s not possible to move the installation files once the download begins.
- If you are using a laptop, make sure you are plugged into an electric outlet.
- Log into your Dominican Email Account at http://myemail.dom.edu.
- Once your Inbox loads, click on the Gear icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen and choose “Office 365 Settings”.
- Once in Office 365 Settings, click “Software”.
- From here you can install the latest version of Office on your computer. We recommend only using the 32-bit version of Office. This screen might look slightly different for Macintosh users.
For more instruction on installing Office, visit the Office for Students Installation Guide.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q – What does Office 365 ProPlus include?
A - Office 365 ProPlus comes with a full version of Office and familiar Office applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and more. Office 365 ProPlus is a user-based service and allows each student to install on up to five PCs or Macs, and five tablets and access Office mobile applications on iPhone and Android phones. (Office Mobile applications are included with all Windows phones).
Q - Can students install Office for iPad through Student Advantage?
A - Yes, this would count towards the limit of installing it on 5 tablets.
Q - If I recently purchased Office and will now also be eligible for Student Advantage though my school, will I receive any credit and/or compensation?
A - No. The Office purchased is a consumer offering and students can continue to take advantage of the purchased offer.
Q – What happens when I graduate?
A – As long as your Dominican Student Email account is active, the licenses will be available.
If you have any other questions, please contact the IT Department at (708) 524-6888 or at email@example.com.